Gillispie School Uniforms
Uniforms are required for Grades K-6 students and are available (but not required) for Early Childhood. Instructions for ordering can be found at this link.
Uniform for Early Childhood Students
- Students should be dressed comfortably and appropriately for indoor and outdoor activities.
- Tops need to cover the midriff, shoulders, and back. Floor-length dresses and skirts are not recommended.
- Students are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes that fit properly and are easy to put on and take off, such as sneakers, sports shoes (such as Keens), or rubber-soled sandals. Students are required to wear sneakers or athletic shoes on P.E. days. Shoes with poor tread (such as Tom’s, flip-flops, cowboy boots, and ballet-style flats) are discouraged.
Uniform for Elementary Students
- Lands’ End is the School’s sole provider.
- Shorts and skirts/dresses must be longer than students’ fingertips resting at the side.
- Gillispie T-shirts that have been distributed for various events are permissible.
- Footwear: Students are required to wear primarily solid-colored, low-top tennis shoes.
- Leggings: Leggings may be worn only when layered under other clothing (shorts and skirts/dresses) and must be navy, black, gray, or white.
- Outerwear: Students are expected to wear Gillispie uniform outerwear (jackets, sweatshirts, and sweaters). With inclement weather, they are permitted to wear non-uniform raincoats and heavy jackets.
- Only Gillispie baseball caps and sun hats are permissible. Hats and hoods may not be worn inside school buildings.
Please be sure to label all of your child’s clothing.