HoS Update: Last Week of School
Good Evening Gillispie Families,
As the year comes to a close, we are looking forward to seeing you at our end-of-year farewells on Tuesday, June 9 for early childhood families and Thursday, June 11 for elementary families. These events are for adults and students to drive up to campus to return school property to Gillispie, receive personal items that were left on campus, receive a yearbook (one per family), and to wave goodbye to teachers and staff for the summer. Please see below for schedules and instructions. If you cannot make these days, please call the School and arrange a time to exchange items on Friday, June 12.
Tuesday, June 9 – Fay Driveway
- Littles (Maple and Spruce Rooms) – 9:00 to 9:45 a.m.
- Middles (Magnolia, Cypress, and Rosewood Rooms) – 10:00 to 10:45 a.m.
- PreK (Juniper, Willow, and Sequoia Rooms) – 11:00 to 11:45 a.m.
Thursday, June 11 – Fay Driveway and Girard Pick-up/Drop-off Lane
At Fay Avenue Driveway
- Kindergarten (9:00-9:45 a.m.)
- Grade 1 (10:00-10:45 a.m.)
- Grade 2 (11:00-11:45 a.m.)
In front of school on Girard
- Grade 3 (9:00-9:45 a.m.)
- Grade 4 (10:00-10:45 a.m.)
- Grades 5 & 6 (11:00-11:45 a.m.)
- To keep us physically distanced, please do not walk up to campus for this event.
- Please arrive during your grade’s time slot to limit traffic. If you have children in multiple time slots, please choose either time slot or come to both.
- Students and parents must wear masks when driving up to Gillispie.
- Gillispie staff will wear masks and gloves.
- Gillispie staff will direct traffic in and out of the Fay driveway or Girard pick-up/drop-off lane to keep the flow of cars moving.
- No parents or students will be permitted to exit their cars.
- All returned items from home must be placed in a bag labeled with the student’s name. In turn, Gillispie staff has bagged all the student property to be handed back to you.
- To help staff complete a contactless exchange of bagged items, please place your bag(s) of school materials in the trunk or cargo area of your car if possible.
In terms of “lost and found,” we have placed any items that have students’ names in the to-go bags you’ll be picking up on Tuesday and/or Thursday. We also have items that are not Gillispie logo wear (examples would be rain boots and a down vest) which we will make available in the Girard courtyard on Friday, June 12. If you would like to take a look, please stop by anytime between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM that day.
Parents, you have done a remarkable job over these past months. One of you honestly shared, “I have to say that I have really had to challenge myself and get out of my comfort zone, becoming my child’s teacher, aide, tutor, therapist, advocate, and positive role model as his mother. … I have struggled, but it has really allowed me to dive deep into his needs, challenges, and strengths, which really has been a blessing.” Our sixth graders will graduate on Thursday, but you all have graduated in growing skill sets and leaning into the work of educating our children. Congratulations to you on a job well done!
Head of School